12.19.2006

Peace and joy. And peace. Did I mention peace?

So after three years, and lots of growth and restructuring, I have found myself in the position of being the second most senior person on my team. And through a combination of that and luck, I will be moving to The Back Cube. No longer will people wander by our area and ask me "do you know where so-and-so is?" No longer will people hang over my cube wall and chat while they wait for someone else to come back to their desk. No longer will everyone in the West conference room know whether I am really working or posting stupid pictures on my blog.

The back of my cube will no longer be a 5-ft tall panel of bright green felt. It will now be a real, live, stripey wall that goes all the way to the ceiling! I shouldn't be so excited about this! But I am! It will be almost like an office! Almost! Except without a door! And with only one wall! Yay!

No comments: