- Here are the last five songs that came on the random play of my iPod:
Star Bodies by The New Pornographers
Jhanjra by Kiran Ahluwalia
Downtown by Tegan and Sara
Lament by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Wake Up by Arcade Fire
Four of the five are Canadian artists.
- In sifting through a huge stack of resumes for a current opening on my team at work, two of my top five candidates are from Canada
- A family member of mine is dating someone who lives in Canada, which has prompted discussions of visiting and touring Canada
- The cool girl who pierced my nose recently moved here from Canada. Since she is vegan and therefore shops downstairs, I occasionally run into her and we always joke about the difference in weather.
- I kept coming across the name of a Canadian author until I finally started reading his books and fell in love with them.
- Another recent read, A Prayer for Owen Meany, prominently featured Canada.
- A recent project at work has had me frequently conversing with people who work in our Canadian stores.
Ok, I don't really believe that it means anything at all, but it still seems like Canada has taken a rather prominent place in my life all of a sudden.