10.06.2008

Monday Morning Saul

We had a busy weekend, as always!

On Saturday morning, we did Saul's one year pictures with Carrie. I timed it wrong so that Saul was just about all played out when it was time to start, but I have faith that the pictures will turn out good anyway because Carrie is all talented like that.

On Saturday evening, we had Nerdy Game Night and played Settlers of Catan, Set, and my new obsession, Carcassonne. I am so thankful that we have nerdy friends who will come play these games with us!

Sunday was all about chores and yard work and cooking, but we managed to get in a few more games of Carcassonne and Set anyway.

Saul is funny lately. He is obsessed with shoes and the vacuum cleaner. He signs shoes and brings me his shoes and always wants to wear his shoes. I actually put him to bed with shoes on last week because he threw a fit when I tried to take them off.

The vacuum cleaner is a more recent thing. He is both fascinated and scared of it. He wants me to turn it on so he can hear the noise, but he wants to be sitting in my lap while I do it. Every time he sees it, he makes a weird yodeling noise that I'm guessing is his imitation of the sound it makes. I'm working on getting a video of that. In the meantime, here are videos of him participating in one of his favorite past times, and walking like a drunk. Coordination is not something he is gifted with.



6 comments:

Blake said...

Oh it's fantastic! He's so cute!

crystal said...

I didn't know you played Settlers and Carcassone! I love Carcassone. We started playing it 4 years ago and we have so many of the expansions.

I like the scooter/car video!

Kelly said...

Carcassonne is one of my favorites as well. My newest obsession is Stone Age. Have you ever been to Great Hall Games on Koenig and Lamar? We have been playing Eurogames for the last four years.

Steph said...

Yay, more nerdy friends! Crystal, if you're around Dallas at Thanksgiving, maybe we could get together for a few games. Myutopia, you are officially invited to the next Nerdy Game Night, sometime at the beginning of November.

crystal said...

We're not there at Thanksiving, but we will be at Christmas. Maybe then. :-)

A few other of my favorites:
Blokus, TransAmerica, ... wait I can't think of any others. I need to take a picture of all the games we have. We're a little board game crazy.

Not that you need anymore distractions, but Carcassonne is online too: http://games.asobrain.com/ :)

Kelly said...

My husband is a board game designer. He owns almost 200 board games. His first game is being published in November. It is called Monkey Lab. He is part of a group of designers here in Austin. E-mail me when you pick your date, we can bring some of our games kmanfredini AT gmail DOT Com