12.15.2005

Fun at Zilker

Last night, I went to the Austin Trail of Lights for the first time. I am very ashamed of this, because I live is such a cool city, and I should take advantage of more of its attractions. The fact that it took me over five years is pretty sad.

Every year, I enjoy the Zilker christmas tree - it can be seen from all over the city.

But this year, for the first time, I participated in the long-standing tradition of standing under it, looking up, and spinning around. This is what it looks like from the bottom:

There's something incredibly uplifting about watching tons of kids and adults alike spinning around, bumping into each other, giggling, and celebrating. One guy made me particularly happy. He didn't seem to be with any group of people, but was spinning around with abandon saying "this is good, this is good."

No comments: