12.21.2005

Strange confession

I like to browse random Amazon wishlists. It's very voyeuristic - you can tell a lot about a person from a list of things they want. Some make me sad, some make me laugh, some hint at an interesting life, and some make me roll my eyes. Once, I found someone with a wishlist that looked a lot like mine - overly long and broad, and with no sense of direction or taste whatsoever. I liked it so much that I bought one of her items for her. How cool would it be to get a random present from someone you've never heard of? Or maybe that's just me. Now that I stop to think about it, I hope she didn't think she was being stalked or anything. Anyway, if you're feeling in a holiday mood, I encourage you to go look up a random name and send someone an unexpected Christmas present.

1 comment:

crystal said...

That is a fantabulous idea! I just might do it. Even though I haven't done most of the christmas shopping that I should have done...