12.01.2005

Today I got my nose pierced. It hurt, but not nearly as much as I had anticipated. I've been wanting to do this for over five years now, so I'm glad I finally had to courage to go through with it. I'm also glad I work at such a liberal place where this kind of thing is completely normal and unremarkable. The strange thing is that I already have two tattoos, so it shouldn't be such a big deal to get a (removable) piercing, but it is. I think it's because my tattoos are both on my back, so people don't ever see them unless I want them to be seen. This is on my face, and there's no hiding it. I also deliberately did it right before the holidays so that I can get the family reactions over with and out of the way.

In other news, my house is being worked on! The last owners had installed some truly horrific dark blue plush carpet in almost every room in the house. Then, in a frenzy of bad taste, they painted most of the walls the exact color of raw salmon. We are having most of the floors replaced with either tile or wood, and re-doing the master shower and kitchen counter-tops. Unfortunately, this means the house is not in a livable condition right now. It's really driving me insane to own a house (!) and not be able to move in.

No comments: