9.26.2007

Inspiration

Need inspiration to get in shape? Just get pregnant. I am fat and achy and tired. My back hurts and my knees hurt and going up and down the stairs is miserable. I used to think nothing of walking the dogs a couple of miles a day, even after spending an hour or two at the gym. Now it's an event when I can make it to the end of our street with them. It makes me realize just how important it is to be healthy.

I will have this baby sometime between now and Saturday. I will give myself next week to recover. Then, assuming I didn't have a C-section, I will get to work. I expect to have to start from zero. My goal right now is just to walk a mile once a day, with a baby strapped on for extra weight. Then, after I get the ok from my doctor, I will head back to the gym. It will be hard for B and I to keep up intensive workout schedules, but we have both agreed that it is in the baby's best interest to have healthy, fit parents.

No comments: