9.19.2006

Interview

This morning, I had an initial phone interview for a position that I really want. I hate interviewing with people I already know, because you can't really, you know, puff. You say "yes, I'm very good at managing multiple deadlines - in my current position, I do X, Y, and Z." And you're wondering if they are thinking "yeah, I remember that time that the A report was two days late, and she forgot to do B and C."

Oh well, too late to worry about it now. I'll find out about in-person interviews next week and then I can spend another several days freaking out and preparing useless witty comments and questions (useless because I'll forget them the second I walk through the door).

So lately, I seem to be all about the folky music. Here are my current favorite songs:

Bob Dylan - Spirit on the Water (who knew Bob Dylan was actually good?)
The Weepies - Gotta Have You
Laura Cantrell - 14th Street (you can download it for free at Amazon!)
Todd Snider - The Ballad of the Kingsmen

3 comments:

Felix said...

Good luck!

Brandon said...

Try some Townes Van Zandt. Very folksy. He's one of my favorite artists. The two-volume Anthology is a good place to start.

Steph said...

I continue to resist. It's my contrary nature.