11.21.2005

Here is an email I received from B this morning:
I have asked my office neighbor Matt to take me out back and shoot me if I ever consider buying another house.
I think that about sums up the way we've been feeling lately. I know it is ridiculous, and we have every reason in the world to be infinitely grateful for our lives, but sometimes its hard to get past the immediate stress. However, in the last year or so, I think Jill and her constant celebrating have become my conscious. These days, whenever I start complaining, a little voice starts nagging me to find something to celebrate instead. So, I celebrate the fact that I am lucky enough to be worrying about flaky contractors and obnoxious mortgage brokers who call me 'honey', rather than worrying about where I will sleep tonight.

1 comment:

J said...

You know what?
I celebrate your celebrating.
Also, TP and I were in Whole Foods yesterday and I looked for that vinegar tea/soda stuff you're hooked on, but I couldn't find it. I *did* find pumpkin marshmallows which I didn't buy because I don't know about them -- they would have been perfect for a sample so I could find out about them, but, alas, the only sample available that day was sharp cheese, and who doesn't already know about sharp cheese?
I was vexed.