2.09.2006

Absurd Austin, Part II

The window near my cube looks out over BookPeople's loading dock. I have seen many interesting things going on back there over the last year. On Monday, there were two girls outside spray painting something. At first I thought it was a life-sized Oscar, but when they stood it up, it was obviously a C3PO.


The girls walked around him, admiring their work, and making adjustments here and there. Then, rather than pick him up, they each took an arm and made him take a walk around the entire loading dock with him, being careful to make his walk look realistic. Then they walked him inside.


So far, he has not made an appearance in any BookPeople displays, although I've been looking. I suspect that he might be decorating the break room.

1 comment:

Felix said...

Aha! Now your readers know where to find you!