7.18.2006

Home Warranty

So today the air conditioner repairman showed up. It was the same guy who showed up several weeks ago, looked at the downstairs unit, gave me a "you must be kidding" look, and then shut the door properly and charged me $50. He looked like he was expecting the same type of job, but instead, I showed him to the unit in our swelteringly hot dining room and let him go at it. Two hours of sweating and grunting later, he had replaced the burned out motor with a brand new shiny one, and I wrote him another check for $50. I was skeptical about the home warranty when we first got it, but now I'm a believer.

2 comments:

Stinkydog said...

it's great when they send you good people from those they do contracts with. When they send you sh***y people, you have to make some sort of pact with a demon to get them to sort it out.

(long story--they sent us a halfwit who came to our house SEVEN times and never fixed our AC --at $50 a pop). Finally, out of frustration we quit them.

I miss the cheap service calls. I don't miss them telling me I should be patient in the 100 degree heat because other people might have children and therefore would be higher on the A/C guy's priority list (an honest-to-god comment from First American Home Buyer's).

I'm still bitter. :)

Steph said...

I've heard lots of stories like that, so I was expecting the worst. I guess we just got lucky.