11.30.2006

Drama

We are currently having our rotten, ugly, purple siding replaced with shiny, new, subtly colored siding. There have been crews and noise and trucks for a few weeks now. My busybody neighbor across the street, who doesn't like crews, noise, or trucks, called me at work yesterday afternoon and said something funny was going on in my front yard and I had better come home. As it turns out, our foreman and his crew hadn't been doing a good job and were replaced by a new foreman and crew. The old foreman and crew didn't like that, so they got drunk and began throwing all the old siding and trash and beer cans out of their trailer.

When I got home, they were getting ready to drive away. There was an enormous pile of trash on my lawn. I could have taken all that in stride, except that they had thrown siding all over the baby tree. When I saw that, I might have lost my temper just a little bit. Apparently enough to scare five large, drunk men. They got out of the truck and moved all the siding from the tree to the yard next to it, but they still left it on the lawn.

The new foreman was very nice. He apologized several times, even though he had nothing to do with it, and he stayed late to wrap the pile up to keep it from blowing away before the new trailer arrives. According to the owner of the company, the mess should be completely cleaned up by the time I get home from work today.

I meant to take a picture of the lawn this morning, but between the door and my car, I thought I might die of frostbite if I stopped. (No comments from you insane people living in places like Washington and Michigan. I don't do well in the cold.)

No comments: