11.29.2006

Notes

1. I did not get any of the three jobs I applied for, presumably because I have neither an MBA, nor any experience whatsoever. To make myself feel better, I took a long lunch yesterday, ambled around in BookPeople, and bought myself a bunch of new books. Coincidentally, this is probably what I would have done to celebrate if I had gotten the job, although maybe on a larger scale.

2. I heard on NPR that all of Emily Dickinson's poems can be sung to the tune of the Yellow Rose of Texas. Wikipedia says this is because most of her poems are written in common metre, but I still think it's neat.

3. Maybe I should take Felix's suggestion and go work for Hallmark, creating treacly photographs for Valentines Day cards.


4. "Treacly" is my word for the day. I'm trying to fit it in as many sentences as possible.

5. Finally, B and I have each bought a TerraPass for our cars in order to alienate our red state relatives as much as possible. Or maybe it was to help save the environment, I can't remember. In any case, if you want to take a step toward being carbon neutral, or you want to shore up your green street cred, buy one.

No comments: