6.27.2007

Baby update

Currently:
  • Eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
  • Hair on baby's head is growing longer. Some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
  • Eyes are completely formed now. Quite a view from inside!
  • Your baby's body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. Fat will be added in the last few weeks.
  • Muscle tone is improving. Preparation for the Olympics feels like it is taking place in your womb!
  • Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
  • Talk to your baby often, reading stories, singing songs and more. He can recognize your voice now and will often calm to it later on!
  • Your baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).
He still doesn't have a name. We came close to finalizing one, and then changed our minds again. So for now, you can address my stomach as "hey, you"

Somehow everything is going too fast now and too slow at the same time. Part of me wants to hurry up and meet my baby, and also to get my body back. I now fondly remember when I could take a complete breath, watch an entire movie without a bathroom break, and roll over in bed without needing assistance. At the same time, I am still not ready to have a baby. I mean that in all possible ways. The house isn't ready, the nursery isn't ready, and I don't think B and I are ready. Not that we will be any more ready in September.

On Friday evening, we will be driving to Dallas for the last wedding of the season, that of an old high school friend. One of the things I enjoy about staying with my in-laws is their habit of having a big family breakfast and then sitting around the table for an extra hour or two just to talk. I'm planning on bringing the cabled baby blanket I've been knitting - at the rate I've been going, I'll finish it about when the baby goes to Kindergarten.

No comments: