6.12.2007

Paging Dr. Freud

So today I'm trying to unpack/clean/organize my office. It has been in a state of disarray and full of half unpacked boxes since we moved in a year and a half ago. I was going through some old journals and found a description of a dream I had a few years ago. I know that no one cares about other peoples dreams, but I'm throwing the journals away and I kind of want to have a record of this one. Sometimes I use this blog as my own personal filing cabinet.

Exact transcription from my journal, as best I can make out (I must have written it down first thing in the morning because my handwriting is almost illegible)

I was receiving someone else's prophecies by mistake. Then something/someone summoned me (by letter, I think) to go down some steps next to a dirty bookstore in NY. From there, I got on an elevator and used the extra buttons at the very bottom to go down to God's courthouse. Inside, the room was huge, with angels and heavenly bureaucrats everywhere. The atmosphere was generally frustrated. I was wearing a white sheet (everyone was in white) and as I walked to the front and across the front of the bench, my sheet kept slipping down off of my shoulders. I didn't think it mattered (although it was annoying) but then God yelled "NO BARE SHOULDERS IN GOD'S COURTROOM!" I apologized, saying that I wasn't familiar with the procedure. God said she knew and that was the only reason I was being treated with leniency, and by the way, I was supposed to come around and kiss her feet too. Just as I did, B woke me up.

4 comments:

J said...

Wow.

Deep.

Also, whattaya doin throwing your journals away?

Felix said...

Your dreams are more entertaining, and make more sense, than many published stories and poems!

Steph said...

I am anti-clutter. Every few years, I cut out or otherwise save the relevant parts of my journals and throw away the rest. It makes me feel all new and clean, like I'm letting go of the things I don't like.

Although for the last few years, this blog has served as my journal, so I guess everything will be on record with Google for all eternity.

Laura said...

I hope you are enjoying your vacation and time off! It's really quiet up here! Miss you and ready to see your belly! Mine is HUGE!