6.15.2007

Ramblings of a crazy woman




We bought baby furniture last night. We've been going back and forth about what we wanted, but we always came back to the same thing. Unfortunately, the set we liked is available online only and it seemed like most of the pieces were out of stock at any given time. While browsing online last night, we found an online store that had all three pieces we wanted at the same time, as well as a free shipping offer. So we bought them.

Now we just need to find a glider. The problem is that I think all gliders are ugly. After much looking, I found exactly one that I could live with. It was reasonably priced, and offered on Target.com or Amazon. I had to buy something else from Target.com a few days ago, so I had my credit card in hand ready to buy the chair when I found out that it had been discontinued. So back to square one.

I realize that the baby couldn't care less where he sleeps or what his room looks like, but I think I'm nesting. I've been having panic attacks about things not being organized, and I've thrown away several boxes of things I had formerly deemed important enough to tote from apartment to apartment to house.

Several times lately, B has taken me gently by the shoulders, looked deep into my eyes, and murmured "try to be a little less psychotic now, ok?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might check at Sears for the glider. It looks like the set Kelli bought for Destiny with the exception that hers was in the blonde wood. The black is beauiful and it will look great with the crib set you have. Love you

Laura said...

I love the furniture you got and I really like the black! You are right, little Henry won't care :). I am ready for you to get back up here. It has been a quiet week!