Chipotle Beef Kabobs with Sour Cream, Lime, and Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Geez, why not just put the entire recipe in the name?
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp chopped chipotles in adobo
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 lbs top sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp cumin
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
- Preheat grill
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, chipotles, garlic, olive oil, and salt.
- Pour over beef cubes and marinate at least 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, soak a handful of wooden skewers for about 30 minutes
- Skewer a couple cubes of beef on each skewer, then grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked medium.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, zest, cilantro, cumin, and lime juice.
- Add salt to taste and then refrigerate to allow flavors to meld.
The sauce is an entirely different matter. Oh lordy, that was some good sauce. I could have just eaten it with a spoon. In fact, I stuck my finger in it several times while I was making the rest of the meal. It takes about 2 minutes to make, but it would be good on salad, vegetables, fish, meat of any kind, hell, prison loaf would probably be excellent as long as it was slathered with this stuff.
So. In summary. Kebabs, eh. Sauce, WOW!