6.19.2008

Good news!

I've been hauling my fat ass to the gym for a couple of weeks now. I've given up on trying to go back to my old way of working out. Now, I've decided that if I can just get on the treadmill for 30 minutes, at least 3 times a week, I'll consider that good enough.

Because this having a kid and working thing? It's hard. Much harder than I ever would have expected. What I really need is a live-in nanny. And a live-in maid. And possibly a cook. Oh yeah, and a hot lawn boy.

But I digress.

So this morning I put on some jeans fresh from the dryer and there were a little bit looser.

Underwhelming, I know.

But it's just the little bit of motivation I need to keep it up, despite a fresh new disease that Saul brought me. It's been a long time since any of my clothes felt loose. After Saul was born, I refused to buy new clothes in bigger sizes because that would be giving up. So I've been wearing too tight jeans and big t-shirts for the last several months. Thank god I don't have to dress nicely for work.

But if I lose enough weight, then I am going to go across the street and blow a bunch of money on a cute dress at Anthropologie, and then I am going to try out my strut.

No comments: