6.20.2006

Creative destruction

One of my favorite things to do is tear things up and look at the insides. I especially enjoy when B saves ruined computer components for me to smash up. Once, I skinned a furby and then took it to pieces. BTW, a furby skin makes a very good costume for a small dog. Not that I would ever do such a thing (sorry, Luci).

So that crappy contractor we had last year? Stained the oak kitchen floor approximately the Kool-aid color that I dyed my hair in 8th grade. For those of you who weren't around to see that travesty, it is a rather alarming shade of burgundy. With much lighter spots where the stain didn't take (I'm talking about my hair also. No, you can't see a picture). All in all, I would say it looks pretty crappy. And I don't trust contractors anymore. So I have decided to replace the floor myself with slate tile. The first part of the project, which I am very excited about, involves taking a crowbar and circular saw to the existing floor. I am hoping to post pictures within a few days of large-scale deconstruction. I've been waiting a long time to do something like this since apartment complexes tend to frown on this type of activity. Yay for home ownership!

No comments: