10.06.2006

Food! My new obsession!

So the latest fancy supper experiment was a pork loin with garlic and rosemary roasted over new potatoes and portabella mushrooms. We ate it with parmesan and parsley biscuits and a rather christmasy cucumber salad. The pork loin and veggies were very tasty, as is anything after it has been rubbed with copious amounts of crushed garlic, fresh rosemary, and sea salt. However, the cucumber salad was too salty (again, I get carried away with the fancy salts) and the biscuits were too sweet.

That was on Wednesday. Yesterday, in response to mild protests from B, who is getting sick of eating supper at 9:00 in the evening, we ate a frozen pizza. Tonight we're back on track with grilled steaks and sauteed okra with tomato and corn. I don't know what else we'll have, but I'm sure I'll take pictures.

After that, things might get even more exciting. I got Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in the mail yesterday, and I'm hoping to make something really extravagantly gross sometime soon. Unfortunately, due to mad cow concerns, I don't think brains will be on the menu. Aspic anyone?

2 comments:

J said...

That looks fabulous.

And all hail to the mightly Julia Child's.

I celebrate French cooking.

Felix said...

Yum.