2.09.2007

Boring

I recently looked over my posts for the last few weeks and realized how boring they are. Nothing particularly interesting has happened to me, I'm a little overwhelmed by work and house projects, and I've been feeling a little under the weather (probably from winter plus cedar plus work and house stress). I guess I just wanted to acknowledge my boringness so everyone knows that I know. Or something.

Here are the books I'm reading right now:

Magic or Madness YA series by Justine Larbalestier
The Teahouse Fire by Ellis Avery (standard women's book club fair until it took an abrupt and unexpected turn to lesbianism - making it rather more interesting than Memoirs of a Geisha)
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (I'm generally opposed to Brontes, being more of a Jane Austen fan, but you have to read Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights to be culturally competent, right?)

I don't have time to write a review of any of them now, but I'm planning on it. Just as soon as I get caught up on work.

4 comments:

Annie in Austin said...

By any chance did you start reading Jane Eyre after seeing the recent mini-series? I'd never read it before, but wanted to see how closely the program followed the book. I read Wuthering Heights last year, trying to attain cultural competency, made it through, then needed some Austen, stat!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Steph said...

Nope, I hadn't heard about the mini-series. We don't have cable, so we generally stick to dvds. I actually read it because it kept being mentioned in a great book I read a few weeks ago - The Thirteenth Tale.

I'm glad to find another Austen fan out there!

Laura said...

Steph I love reading over your blog! I think it's very clever/creative and not at all boring! I definetely admire all your of your reading too...busy girl!

Annie in Austin said...

Sorry I missed your answer until now, Steph. The Jane Eyre mini-series was on PBS, in the Sunday night Masterpiece Theater spot. [I don't have cable either.]

Annie