2.26.2007

Careful what you wish for

Remember last post how I wished I would just get sick and get it over with? How long does the flu last anyway?

I woke up at around 3:00 this morning croaking "Monster, get off of me!" Apparently, while still asleep, I convinced myself that Monster had somehow hauled his 85 pounds onto the bed and was sitting on my chest. On becoming fully awake, I found that it was only the crushing misery of the flu. The doctor was annoyingly cheerful about the whole thing. "Yup," she chirped, "the flu is going around. You can't really do anything about it, just let it run its course. I bet you'll remember to get a flu shot next year, huh?" Thanks. How much are you charging me for this visit?

Remember how I've been talking for months about taking a week off of work? It looks like this may be it. Not exactly how I was envisioning my vacation.

p.s. At some point, when I work up the energy to move, I have some random pictures to post. Because I know everyone is sick of me complaining about how miserable I am. I will try to stick to no more than one pity post per week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any updates on your flu? I started my battle on Friday the 23rd. I went to visit a friend and his dang rugrat was coughing everywhere. Must remember the two things my husband says... "children are like petri dishes" and "avoid them."