2.06.2007

Weekend guests


We had visitors this weekend.

They showed up in the driveway just as I got home from running an errand, and then followed me up the stairs and nosed their way inside the house. We named them Brown and Blonde (we're creative types, can you tell?) and then fell in love with them. Right up until Brown saw Bella and caused an Incident. Then B wasn't quite so in love.

Anyway, I spent most of Sunday morning hanging up posters around town before it occurred to me to stop by the vet's office and have them scanned for microchips. Sure enough, their owners lived in our neighborhood, on the opposite side of the valley. There was a reunion, and all parties went away satisfied. No matter how cute, four big dogs are more of a handful than I can deal with. (Somehow, I imagine Lee is cackling gleefully right now...)

2 comments:

Stinkydog said...

well, yes, I might be cackling, just a little. But there's a difference between 8 *small* dogs and 4 big ones. Mainly: tooth size.

Steph said...

Actually, after this weekend, I would argue more for neck strength. These dogs were NOT leash trained.