1.15.2007

Big Event


Two things happened this morning: first, the temperature dropped as low as 30 degrees and second, there has been precipitation. These two events rarely coincide in our great, sweaty metropolis and so the city has been shut down. Literally. Businesses, schools, and MLK Day events have all been cancelled and everyone has been urged to stay indoors. We Texans are unaccustomed to ice that does not arrive in a margarita glass. The people I know that live in the Northern parts of the country, especially those who have never lived in Texas, find it hilarious that we get all het up about about a patchy 1/8 inch of ice, but I would like to see them deal with three weeks straight of 115 degree temperatures. Then we'll talk.

I would find being 'snowed in' a lot more exciting if I didn't have the mixed blessing of a job that allows me to work from home.

No comments: