1.25.2007

Miracle

Yesterday, a coworker was miserable. She had recently found out that she was pregnant, but then she had started spotting on Tuesday night. She went to the emergency room and, after an ultrasound, was told that she had a blighted ovum and would miscarry soon. She set up an appointment for this morning with her obgyn to have a d&c. I tried to comfort her, even while knowing that comfort is impossible after something like that. It brought back memories of what happened to me, and I felt like I was almost physically hurting for her.

Her appointment was for 8:45 this morning. At about 10:00 am, she called me. "It was a mistake!" she yelled. I didn't understand at first, but it appears that the emergency room doctor misread the ultrasound, and her obgyn this morning was able to see a healthy heartbeat. She isn't out of the woods yet, but she will probably have a healthy baby. What a beautiful, fairy-tale ending. I hurt for her yesterday, but today I am feeling her joy.

2 comments:

Stinkydog said...

wow, that is totally amazing. I don't even know her, but that news makes me happy!

Annie in Austin said...

What an emotional roller coaster that must have been for your friend, taking you along for the bumpy ride. I'm glad there was good news.

Your comparison shots with old and new camera were great, but are inspiring camera envy over here.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose
[I saw your comment at Pam/Digging; thank you for linking to our garden blogs!]