8.17.2007

Baby update

Not very long at all now. This Monday, I start going to weekly doctor visits until the big day. I've started drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea and practicing my yoga breathing in preparation for labor. If I can avoid having to be induced, then I'm going to try to go natural. Not because I'm all romantic about natural birth and all that, but because I don't like all the wires and tubes that go along with an epidural. Nor am I happy about the idea of being stuck on my back in bed for the whole process. But then again, I might start begging for medicine at the first sign of real pain. God knows I didn't complain about the IV when I had kidney stones. I guess it's hard to say when you really don't know what the experience will be like.
  • The average baby weighs almost five and a half pounds now.
  • Most babies born now will survive and without many long-term problems.
  • Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week. These layers of fat will help him regulate his body temperature. They also provide those cute little dimples on elbows and knees!
  • His hearing is fully developed, so be sure to talk to your son. Do you find yourself speaking in a high-pitched tone? That's okay since some studies show babies respond better to higher pitches.
  • It's getting crowded! Your baby is now taking up most of the uterus and you may even feel like your chest has run out of room! Soon enough though, baby will move down and you'll be able to breathe easily again (just not walk so easily! Ha!).
  • Your baby is 18.2 inches (46.2cm) long and weighs 5.3 pounds (2383gm).
  • The testes have completed their descent in males.

No comments: