8.08.2007

Crazy

I have generally tried to stay away from politics in this blog. I usually think of it as a useless pursuit. I hold the cynical belief that anyone who can get themselves elected in this country is not someone who should hold that kind of power. But somehow, it doesn't seem to be a political statement anymore to claim that George Bush is insane. I guess it's just obvious.

Take this article from the NY times. I agree with Bush's statement that lower taxes and prosperity generally go hand in hand. However, you can't just cut taxes and then increase spending on domestic issues and then go start expensive un-winnable wars in every country you can possibly find even the slightest reason to bomb. You just can't. And you can't just claim that the economy is doing just fine and wish it so. I just hope we can get someone (anyone) else elected before Bush hurts this country beyond recovery.

No comments: