mmm, Chipotle chicken burrito...
Creole Orange Chicken
Pkg of boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp Tobasco sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Salt and pepper the chicken and then saute until browned, about six minutes per side.
- Add the orange juice and chicken broth and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Stir in mustard, honey, and Tobasco and boil, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
Serve with rice and green beans.
Verdict: super good and super simple. The sauce was so delicious that I poured it all over the rice and green beans too. The only problem is that there's no way around splattering hot olive oil all over the stove, necessitating more clean up than I like. B is the official dish doer these days, but he seems to have some kind of philosophical opposition to wiping surfaces. If I mention it, he just tells me not to lick the counter tops.