5.06.2008

Visit

We visited my Grandpa in the hospital this weekend. I was worried that Saul would be too rough with him - he is a rather violent child - and I was right. He crawled all over him, tried to pull out his oxygen tube, attempted to push all the buttons that control the hospital bed, pulled at his wrist watch and hospital bracelets, and generally was a pain in the butt.

But my Grandpa seemed to love every minute of it. Even the part where Saul spit up most of his lunch on him.

And Saul seemed to know instinctively that this was family. Lately, he's developed some separation anxiety and isn't quite comfortable with people he doesn't know. But from the minute I walked in the room, he was okay with everything. He even got a cracker from his great-grandma - his first one ever.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing you and Saul was better than any of the meds that have been given to your Grandpa.......He did love every minute of it!!!! Have you bought Saul graham crackers yet???

Steph said...

I was so glad to see you guys!

No graham crackers, but I did buy a box of Nilla Wafers. He ADORES them.

:)