5.14.2008

Wednesday Morning Sa-AHHHH!!!SPIDER!!!!

Awesome.

I found this tarantula on my driveway last night. She wasn't very big - when she un-scrunched herself to make a break for the garage, she looked to be about the size of my outstretched hand. Did you know that tarantulas are all scrunched up when they're just sitting there? When she moved, she rose up from her legs so that she was a few inches off the ground. Her back was a beautiful tan color, but I wasn't able to get a picture of that because every time she moved, I hopped around like the wussy that I am. But here is a video I found of one moving so you can see the different colors.

I was holding Saul when I found her, but luckily a neighbor was outside and helped me sweep her into a dustpan and relocate her to our backyard.

When B got home, I think he was a little unsettled to know that we had a tarantula living the backyard. He is into unnecessary bug carnage. But really, even if he doesn't like to think about it too much, this isn't the first tarantula that has been seen in the vicinity of our house, and it certainly isn't the biggest or the hairiest.

Anyway, I'll take the spiders over the scorpions any day.

No comments: