8.18.2006

Today so far

1. I recently bought a bunch of cheap nose studs with different colored gems. This morning, after I finished putting in the red one, the jewel-part fell out. So I thought I would superglue it back in. I put a drop of superglue on the base (which was still in my nose) and then put the jewel in with my index finger and held it there for a second. When I tried to move my finger, I realized that I had glued both my finger, and my nose ring to my nose. I managed to free myself, but I'm feeling kind of dumb.

2. A colony of katydid nymphs has set up house on my marijuana-hibiscus. At first, I was completely charmed, because they're cute and I like most insects. But then I realized that my huge, impressive blooms were starting to look rather holey. Oh yeah, and in case you don't know about it already, this site is my absolute favorite. Especially check out the scorpion page for some truly nightmare-inducing photos. Or just google "Mexican tailless whip scorpion." Even the name makes me twitchy.

3. On my way to work this morning, I was sitting at a red light, singing along with my iPod, when I looked up and saw a CapMetro bus driver in the next lane leaning all the way out his window and waving frantically at me with a big grin. I waved back and he started making "roll down your window" motions at me. I did so, thinking there was something wrong, and he said "Hi!" I said "hi" back and he seemed satisfied and drove off.

No comments: