8.16.2006

Update, Part Two

So Chloe took the news better than I thought she would. She has been known to burst out crying for no reason whatsoever, so I was expecting some drama, but she was very calm. She asked why he died, was there any chance I could have died, and how big he was. She suggested that maybe I should adopt a baby so that I wouldn't be in any danger, so I had to reiterate several times that I wasn't in any danger. She wanted to know why we didn't name him, and I think my reasoning was a little abstract for her. She asked if she could call him Leo (I told her she could, although that wasn't his name). She seemed a little bewildered, and I think she'll probably have a lot more questions by next week. But I feel a lot better now that the worst is done.

So here is my joke:

Why is the tooth fairy so smart?

Because she has lots of wisdom teeth!

Ok, I know, not very funny. But it's really hard to find jokes about wisdom teeth.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

How Much to Extract Wisdom Teeth?

One day, a man walks into a dentist's office and asks how much it will cost to extract wisdom teeth?

"Eighty dollars," the dentist says.

"That's a ridiculous amount," the man says. "Isn't there a cheaper way?"

"Well," the dentist says, "if you don't use an anaesthetic, I can knock it down to $60." But it will be pretty painful.

"That's still too expensive," the man says. "It does not matter how painful it is."

"Okay," says the dentist. "If I save on anesthesia and simply rip the teeth out with a pair of pliers, I could get away with charging $20." That could be more pain then you can stand.

"Nope," moans the man, "it's still too much."

"Hm," says the dentist, scratching his head. "If I let one of my students do it for the experience, I suppose I could charge you just $10."

"Marvelous," says the man, "book my wife for next Tuesday!"