5.15.2007

Vacation and belly ripples

The latest baby news is that he is now strong enough to make my entire belly move. I know Annie mentioned it, but it is impossible to explain how weird it is to look down and see your belly rippling and bulging and moving of its own accord.

This Friday, at an ungodly hour of the morning, we will be flying to Savannah, GA for a combination wedding and last baby-free vacation. Tracy, my best friend growing up, is getting married. Instead of having a traditional wedding, they have invited a very few close friends and family for a wedding weekend. There will be a small ceremony on Saturday, but none of the frills and craziness of a regular wedding. Tracy and Frank won't even be leaving for a honeymoon after the wedding - they will continue to hang out with the rest of us and enjoy Savannah until Monday. I expect the weekend to be relaxed and enjoyable.

Also, if I can figure out timing, I might get to see my cousin Tim and his wife, who live just across the border in North Carolina. Tim is in the marines, and I don't think I've seen him since joined up, when I was around 16 or 17.

For me, this is like a family reunion! I (might) get to see Tim, I get to see Tracy, and I get to see Tracy's family, who I practically lived with for part of my adolescence.

There will be many pictures on Tuesday when we get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have lots of fun in Savannah love you
P.S. he live across the border in South Carolina :)

Steph said...

aah, South Carolina, North Carolina, whatever. I'm not so good with geography. :)