3.01.2006

Earworm

I like the song Earthbound by Rodney Crowell a whole lot, mostly because it includes a nice list at the end, and I really like lists. Since last night, it has been stuck in my head, along with the word 'epidemiological' from a book I'm reading (Three Junes by Julia Glass, if you must know). It goes something like this:

I could shed my skin and in the blink of an eye (epidemiological) I could fly fly fly (epidemiological)
Tie my dreams up in a sack Lay my head down on the track (epidemiological) and die die die (epidemiological)
My life's been so sweet I just can't stand it (epidemiological)
I must admit I've made out like a bandit (epidemiological)

Last night's conversation with a real good friend of mine (epidemiological) drinkin wine
wine wine (epidemiological)
Said fifty years of livin and your worst mistakes forgiven (epidemiological) takes time
time time (epidemiological)
One man's lust for life brings world reknown (epidemiological)
Next guy can't get two feet off the ground (epidemiological)......earthbound

Earthbound....hear the wind through the tops of the trees (epidemiological)
Earthbound....summer sun nearly ninety degrees (epidemiological)
Earthbound....big ol' moon sinking down...... (epidemiological) think I might stick
around
EARTHBOUND

I knew love once way back when she had almond eyes and olive skin (epidemiological)
And long black hair (epidemiological)
She was Irish Spanish mixbreed I was southeast Texas hayseed (epidemiological)
We were almost there (epidemiological)
Her daddy didn't like my kind around (epidemiological)
True love took the next train out of town (epidemiological) ......earthbound

Earthbound....where there's fathers and daughters in pain (epidemiological)
Earthbound....mama's boy walking home in the rain (epidemiological)
Earthbound....like a ship run aground (epidemiological) I think I might stick around
EARTHBOUND (epidemiological)

With each new day that passes I'm in need of thicker glasses (epidemiological) but it's
all OK (epidemiological)
Someday I'll be leaving but I just can't help believing that it's (epidemiological) not
today
Every golden moment I have found (epidemiological)
I've done my best to run right in the ground (epidemiological).....earthbound

Earthbound....see the sky big and beautiful blue (epidemiological)
Earthbound....fallen angels are talkin' to you (epidemiological)
Earthbound....keepin' close to the ground (epidemiological) think I might stick around
EARTHBOUND
(epidemiological)

Earthbound....Tom Waits, Aretha Franklin, Mary Karr (epidemiological)
Earthbound....Walter Cronkite, Seamus Heaney, Ringo Starr (epidemiological)
Dalai Lama, Charlie Brown think I might stick around (epidemiological)
Earthbound (epidemiological)

No comments: