This bread is unbelievable. It has no yeast. It requires no rising, no kneading. It is simple enough to make for dinner on a weeknight.
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease a loaf pan
2. Sift together 3 cups flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup sugar
3. Add a 12-oz bottle of beer and stir.
4. Put dough in loaf pan and pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the top
5. Stick it in the oven for 1 hour.
That's it. Yummy. It tastes like yeast bread and the crust tastes almost fried from from the butter.
I have made three loafs in the last four days.