4.16.2008

Idiotic

Hi Mom! You will probably want to stop reading right here so you don't have to beat yourself up about where you went wrong in raising me.

Ok then.

I don't think John McCain is a bad guy. I am positive that he has some integrity, and that's a very rare thing in a politician. I might have even considered voting for him just based on that, if it weren't for his unswerving devotion to putting American soldiers, including my very brave and very awesome step-sister, in danger in Iraq for no good reason that I can see.

But anyway.

I just saw this on CNN. Some of those are good ideas and some are bad. And then you have this:
McCain said he wants Congress to declare a summer gas-tax holiday, suspending the 18.4-cent gas tax and 24.4-cent diesel tax from Memorial Day to Labor Day this year. Because so many industries rely on gas for production, "these immediate steps will help to spread relief across the American economy," he said.
That might be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Shouldn't we be discouraging gas use? Don't we want to see less Hummers on the road? The fact that amazed me the most when I saw An Inconvenient Truth is that Americans can't even sell our cars in China because we don't meet their fuel-efficiency standards. Seriously. China. We live ridiculous, unsustainable lifestyles in this country and I don't think I could come up with a worse policy if I tried.

I might be in a minority here, but I would be very happy to see gas prices triple or more.

No comments: