7.25.2008

Recipe Friday

Mustard Glazed Shrimp

1 1/2 lb lg shrimp
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced (4 is better)
  1. Shell and de-vein all the shrimp. Ask yourself why you're doing this. Shrimp isn't nearly good enough for all this trouble.
  2. Put three to four shrimp on each wooden skewer
  3. Whisk together mustard, honey, lemon juice, and garlic and brush on the shrimp
  4. Grill 2-3 minutes per side, brushing with the glaze each time you turn them
Verdict: Eh. B gave this a 3 out of 5. I don't even give it that, because I forgot that shrimp isn't so good after you've spent a half-hour pulling out their nasty little intestines. I suspect this could be good if 1) it were grilled longer or hotter and 2) if someone else made it for me. The glaze is good, if a little obvious and boring. It would be equally good on chicken, pork chops, or even tossed with some asparagus. So there you go. This post isn't a total waste.

One more thing. Why do my skewers turn black and fall apart even when I've soaked them all day in water?? Hmmm??

No comments: