3.12.2007

The great gardening project

Boy, for something so small, that sure took a long time.

Actually, it wasn't the planting that took so long - it was getting the bed ready for planting. That is one of the spots that used to have a 25 yr old hedge on it. Many of the very thick roots were still in the dirt. I started out with a small shovel and garden fork, and ended up with a heavy-duty tree lopper and an axe. It doesn't look like much now, but when it fills out and starts flowering (all the plants but one should produce purple or yellow flowers), it will be beautiful. Just four more beds (each two-three times that size), and I will be done with what I wanted to complete for this year. No problem, right?

I also finally got my first daffodil - just in time for the 87 degree weather that promptly wilted it. But still, I grew it all the way from a bulb and it actually made a flower. I am still totally amazed when things grow. It seems like magic!

1 comment:

J said...

Very nice. We must be on the same blooming schedule.