3.30.2007

Rufus update

I had an OB appointment today. Since B and I are both off work today to drive to Dallas, he was able to go with me and hear the baby's heartbeat. I am hoping that in a few weeks I will get to the point where I hear the heartbeat and think "oh, there's the baby's heartbeat," rather than "oh, thank god, he's still alive." Anyway, everything checks out okay. I am having my triple screen blood test next Friday, and then in three weeks we will have the Big One, i.e. the one where we find out the baby's sex. This time around I'm not very impatient. I am perfectly happy to just know that a baby is alive and safe. Family members, though? Not so much. I think some are uncomfortable with a sexless baby, and others are eager to start buying tons of gender-branded items that will be outgrown within weeks.

Names: currently, I like Henry for a boy and Lily for a girl. B likes neither, and hasn't made any suggestions himself, but he is always willing to make fun of my choices.

BTW, this is what our baby looks like right now. I love the internet.

No comments: