3.29.2007

A stupid thing I did

When B and I were first looking at houses, we looked at a neighborhood that had one or two acre lots. B commented that he would rule those houses out because he didn't want to have to mow the lawn. Like an idiot, I replied that he was a wuss and I would take care of all the lawn work so he didn't have to worry about it.

So now all I can say is thank god we ended up with a tiny little lot with no backyard and a girly electric lawn mower. My long term plan now includes getting rid of all the grass and replacing it with garden so I never have to mow again. It's not working outside that I despise - it's just the lawn mower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would prefer to declare it a native-habitat wildlife preserve, and scatter a bunch of native wildflower seed around. Has B. ever mentioned that I'm lazy?

Felix

Steph said...

I don't think that is lazy. The more you think about it, the more a big lawn full of grass that has to be mowed and fertilized and weeded and watered is a stupid idea anywhere, but especially is a hot, dry state like Texas. I considered letting the clover take over, but I think my neighbors would seriously object.