3.19.2007

Wedding

It has been brought to my attention that after complaining a lot about having to wear fancy clothes for a wedding, I never wrote about the actual event.

Our friends Roy and Jorie got married on the Saturday before last at the Driskill Hotel. It was a traditional Jewish wedding, the first one B and I had ever attended, and it was beautiful. They were married under a chuppa. The bride circled the groom several times. A glass was broken. Part of the ceremony was in Hebrew, and the other part was not audible due to the screaming, 1 yr old nephew of the bride sitting in front of me. I mostly had no idea what was going on, but I got kind of weepy anyway.

The reception was very possibly the fanciest event I have ever attended. Tuxedoed waiters circled with trays of hors d'oeuvres and champagne. There was a sit-down dinner, at which I had to teach B how to say haricot verts without a Texas accent. I then spent awhile cursing my non-drinking status. After many toasts, which, being pregnant and all, made me weepy again, everyone danced with the bride and groom held up in chairs. Then, they got down to some serious disco dancing. B and I only lasted until about midnight, but everything was going strong when we left.

Of course my complaining wasn't serious and it was totally worth it to see good friends so happy together. But at the end, I still had some serious blisters from my fancy-ass shoes.

p.s. isn't that the most beautiful wedding dress you've ever seen?

1 comment:

Arriba... said...

Love the wedding pictures. Two great looking couples. Thanks for the help setting up my blog. The address is "arriba-up.blogspot.com"
Susan G